10.23.2009

POM Wonderful Mocktail

Last month a fantastic package of POM Wonderful arrived on my doorstep. I was thrilled to receive a case of one of my most favorite beverages. I like pomegranates, of course, but POM holds a special place in my heart. You see, in 2007 I was pregnant and didn't drink any alcohol for nine months. Obviously I didn't miss wine one bit - I was very happy to follow the guidelines for a healthy pregnancy - but still wanted to enjoying a refreshing drink at the end of the day. In order to satisfy my need for a thirst quenching beverage I experimented with many different flavor combinations until I found one that I loved - a non-alcoholic POM mocktail.


Once I discovered this delicious drink I looked forward to it every evening with dinner. It didn't hurt that because of the POM my drink was filled with fantastic healthful antioxidants, always a welcome addition to any pregnancy diet. So, when the box came to me filled with all of POM's latest varieties I knew it was the perfect opportunity for me to revisit an old favorite. Obviously it was no trouble making this during my daughter's naptime last week. Since there was no alcohol involved I had zero guilt about enjoying it at 3pm. Happily, even with all the fabulous new flavors, it was just as delicious as I remember. Even though I'm not pregnant now, I still love a good flavorful fizzy drink, and this is what hits the spot for me, and I'm sure you will love it, too.

POM Wonderful Mocktail
1 c. plain sparkling water (I use Poland Spring)
1/3 c. POM Wonderful
1 t. fresh lemon juice
A lemon slice for garnish

1. Add all of the liquids into one glass and stir. Add ice if you'd like it extra cold.
2. Place lemon slice on the glass for garnish, serve.

2 comments:

  1. Ooh... I just got a package of POM to try, too. I think I might give your recipe a try... Sounds like a wonderful afternoon treat!

    ReplyDelete